London User Group - Tuesday 9th June 2009, 18:30-20:00
Here are the details of the June 2009 London User Group.
- Title : A developer's guide to load testing
- Summary : Load testing is an often forgotten and seemingly difficult task that many people shy away from doing. It doesn't have to be this way though, with a basic level of load testing often enough to give you confidence that you've satisfied your non-functional requirements around performance and scalability. This session will look at load testing a website from a developers perspective. We'll look at the differences between load testing, stress testing and soak testing along with a hands-on demonstration of an open source load testing tool that you can use to get started. If you're building websites in Java, .NET, PHP or indeed any other programming language, this session will show you how easy it is to load test your website.
- Date : Tuesday, 9th June 2009
- Time : 18:30-20:00
- Location : Skills Matter, 1 Sekforde Street
- Format : Presentation and discussion, with further discussion in a local pub (The Crown).
- Cost : Free, but registration is required.
Many thanks to Skills Matter for sponsoring the user group.
p.s. this session is being run after the second day of our software architecture training at Skills Matter in London ... there are a couple of places left if you want to come along and learn about software architecture.
About the author
Simon is an independent consultant specializing in software architecture, and the author of Software Architecture for Developers (a developer-friendly guide to software architecture, technical leadership and the balance with agility). He’s also the creator of the C4 software architecture model and the founder of Structurizr, which is a collection of open source and commercial tooling to help software teams visualise, document and explore their software architecture.
You can find Simon on Twitter at @simonbrown ... see simonbrown.je for information about his speaking schedule, videos from past conferences and software architecture training.