This book is a practical and pragmatic guide to lightweight software architecture for developers. You'll learn:
- The essence of software architecture.
- Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.
- The things that you *really* need to think about before coding.
- How to visualise your software architecture using simple sketches.
- A lightweight approach to documenting your software.
- Why there is *no* conflict between agile and architecture.
- What "just enough" up front design means.
- How to identify risks with risk-storming.
This collection of essays knocks down traditional ivory towers, blurring the line between software development and software architecture in the process. It will teach you about software architecture, technical leadership and the balance with agility.
"Software Architecture for Developers" is published as an ebook through Leanpub and a sample is available to download.