How does your software map onto the infrastructure?
The deployment view details how the software will be deployed onto the physical infrastructure.
- Is it clear how the software components will be deployed across the hardware elements described in the physical view? (e.g. one-to-one mapping, multiple software components per server, etc)
- If this is still to be decided, what are the options and have they been documented?
- Is it understood how memory and CPU will be partitioned between the processes running on a single hardware node?
- Which components are active-active and which are active-passive?
- Which components can be scaled-out?
- Is it clear how data is replicated across sites?
- Has the rollout and recovery strategy been defined (this might be in a separate document, but referenced)?
- How are the components installed and configured?